We hope you like the latest changes to AppShed. Here are the release notes explaining what has changed in each update.
Updated January 2015
Grouping students into classes:
- Create different classes, assign multiple students to multiple classes.
- Sort students by class in the Track courses and Track App Progress sections.
- Assign one or many teachers to a class.
- If the class is being removed the student accounts will be maintained within the School.
- We have added a new role of an Instructor for AppShed EDU. The Instructor will have the ability to act as an admin within several schools that he has been added to.
- Please contact the AppShed Support team to set up Instructors.
Several limitations have been applied to the Teacher role.
Now the teacher won’t the ability to:
- add/delete/edit teacher/user accounts.
- create/delete classes.
- add to/move students from a class;
This is to help School Admins with the consistent users/classes management. This will allow Admins to omit duplications of accounts and prevent unnecessary changes.
Now you can search for a particular user in the Users section.
- Teachers were uploaded as students in the CSV file fixed
- Input of date and time in Google Write wasn't saved after submission fixed
- Viewing the source of a screen title fixed
- Extra action is added after editing the tab fixed
- Teachers can block/delete teachers and admins fixed
- Teacher title changing to student when logged in as teacher fixed
- AppShed on RM Unify - login issues fixed
Updated September 2014
Updated September, 2014
- Premium courses
- Featured Images
- Extended Resources Database ".
- AppShed Search
- Our 2 exciting new products
- AppShed Store App
- AppShed Creator App
- jump to Screen action fixed.
- image chooser fixed.
- moved the “Is Secure” toggle onto the Advanced Tab.
Updated July, 2014
- Significant performance improvements.
- Images now with much faster caching.
- New extension: "Data Table".
- New modules and themes added.
- Create sub-folders for images.
- Publish requests (EDU) fixed.
- Track courses and app progress (EDU) fixed.
- Image sorted alphabetically.
- Hints and Tips updated.
- Students can't "upgrade to Student".
- Map screen icon.
- EDU User management enhancements.
Updated 21 May, 2014
- Implement iOS 7 styles (Use Device - iPhone 5S).
- Themes - quickly add great design themes to your apps.
- Updating app on device now has progress bar.
- Jump to screen uses a "tree navigator".
- Preview of screens when using "Jump to screen" .
- Android launch full screen.
- Students using Starter accounts can "upgrade" to join a school EDU Account.
- EDU User Management improved.
- Students can login with username OR email.
- Jump to tab - better selector.
- Modules completely updated, many new themes coming soon.
- Amend the publish problem:
- It takes too long for the publish to start
- iOS7 has a bug that it does not update unless you clear cache.
- Publishing problems with updating webapps -
- Re-ordering Steps not working -
- Default Value can be zero in Form elements
- CSV User upload more robust (EDU Dashboard)
- Content Browsing in AppShed - Image chooser to be scalable
- IE 11 - issue with pop ups
- How many letters are in your name - Registration
- IE 8 and 9 global issues
AppShed v1 - v11
Various cool stuff was added, and other buggy things were fixed